About Your Checkup Plus™ Eye Examination
Eyecare Plus has experienced optometrists who will take the time needed to give you a really thorough eye examination. It’s called Checkup Plus™.
Your Checkup Plus™ examination with the optometrist will take 30 to 45 minutes. During your examination, a health history will be taken. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
A Checkup Plus™ examination includes testing for the following:
- Eye health
- General physical health
- Clearness of vision (Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Colour vision
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Eye muscle control
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Macular degeneration
- Suitability for refractive laser surgery and other areas as appropriate for each individual.
Following the Checkup Plus™ examination, the optometrist will carefully explain the results and discuss their recommendations regarding any preventive or remedial care required.
During Your Checkup Plus™ Eye Examination
Your Checkup Plus™ eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions
- Don’t be alarmed if, for a few minutes during the examination, you find your vision getting worse instead of better.
To make an appointment with one of our optometrists simply book online here or call our practice during business hours.